The Students’ Union’s role is to help you make the most of your University experience. We work across all of our campuses, but our main base is at Newton Park.
The Union is a registered charity and its charitable aims are:
- Promote the interests and welfare of students during their course of study at Bath Spa University. In doing so we represent, support and advise students on a range of subjects.
- We act as the recognised representative between students and Bath Spa University and other external bodies.
- We provide social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussion and debate for the personal development of its students.
So what is it we actually do?
- We run a bar, café, gym, shop and events which provide essential services for students and are principal sources of income for the Union. Every penny of profit from these services is used to provide opportunities, support and representation for students.
- We run an independent Advice Service, providing advice on academic and welfare matters and signposting students to useful other sources of support
- We run awareness raising campaigns on issues which affect students, such as health and wellbeing, how to register to vote in elections, personal safety and finding accommodation.
- We support clubs and societies to be set up and run by students for the benefit of students.
- We organise volunteering and skill development opportunities to help you make the most of your time here.
- We organise trips and other opportunities for students.
- We represent your views, liaising directly with the University and organisations nationally and in the local area to campaign about and discuss issues that affect students.
What are our priorities?
We want to ensure that the Students’ Union is an organisation its members are proud of, that staff and officers are proud to work in and that our partners are proud to be associated with.
We undertook extensive consultation to develop our BIG PLAN 2016-2020
. This was adopted by our Board of Trustees in June 2016 and sets out our priorities for the few years.