All students at Bath Spa University are automatically members of Bath Spa University Students’ Union. Membership of the Union is free and entitles you to use Union facilities, activities, representation and take part in the democratic processes of the Union.
Students are entitled to opt-out of membership in accordance with Section 22 Education Act 1994, further information on the right to opt-out can be found in the Code of Practice.
If you opt out of membership you may use the services, facilities and take part in activities, but can play no part in the democratic processes of the Union.
Associate Membership of the Students' Union may be open to you even if you are not a registered student. This is available to:
- University Alumni
- Partners or dependents of registered students
- Students studying at other institutions
As a charity our block grant and funding is used solely for the benefit of student members. Therefore we charge an annual fee of £25 to be an associate member.
Associate membership entitles you to:
- Join and train with the Union’s clubs and societies
- Use the Union’s shop, café and bar
- Join the Union's gym (membership fees apply)
- Purchase tickets to events where there are no entry restrictions
- Attend trips organised by the SU
Associate members cannot take part in the following:
- Vote in elections
- Hold office in the Union, its Clubs or Societies
- Make use of the Union's welfare and representation services
- Compete in BUCS competitions
- Access evening events with restricted entry, such as the Freshers’ Ball
Please note that associate members taking part in activities with clubs or societies or on trips or tours are not covered by the Union's insurance policies and should make their own arrangements.
Purchase your Associate Membership now!
Please note: You must have a Guest Login to purchase the Associate Membership.
Don't have a Guest Login? Get one now!