Health and Wellbeing

Top Tips

Where can I go for advice in the University?

Is there a doctors on campus?

Where is my local denstist?

I would like to see a counsellor?

Is there anyone my age I can talk to?

Where can I find advice on Mental Health

Where can I find advice on Sexual Health

Are there Spaces in town to go when I feel unsafe?



  1. While we think it’s never going to happen to us, it's likely that at some point in your University life you will get ill. It is worth signing up with the local GP when you arrive in Bath to make seeing a doctor easier for you if you do become ill.
  2. Sometimes it'll be worth missing a lecture to go to the doctor's instead of powering through and ending up missing even more. It is good to try to time it around your course, but sometimes your health has to come first!
  3. "Prevention is better than cure". Don't run yourself into the ground. Making sure you're eating healthily and sleeping enough will give you a better chance of staying healthy.
  4. If you are worried make sure you talk to someone. There are places you can go for support with whatever you are worrying about.


Where can I go for advice in the University?

Student Support Services offer a helping hand if you are finding things a little difficult at University. They cover issues such as money problems, disability support, and medical help, to mention just a few.

Current and prospective students can email them on or ring on 01225 876543. You can also find more information on the University’s Student Support Page


Also remember to follow @BathSpaSSS on Twitter to keep up with lots of useful tips and information.

Alternatively, for independent and impartial advice, email the Students' Union Advice Centre, on


The doctors surgery that the University uses is Fairfield Park Health Centre

For more information on appointments visit the Medical Service page of the University’s website 

Fairfield Park's details:

Fairfield Park Health Centre
Tyning Lane
Camden Road 
Bath BA1 6EA
Tel: 01225 331616

If you are in need of a GP closer to your home please see here to search for GP’s in your area 


If you have to pay for prescriptions, sight tests or NHS dental treatment you may be eligible for help with the costs through the NHS Low Income Scheme. For more information please see


Where is my local denstist?

You can find more information about where your local dentist is and their contact information please see
The University offers a range of emotional and mental health support for students including a counselling service. For more information see the University’s page on Emotional and Mental Health Support

Is there anyone my age I can talk to?

The University runs a scheme where students can volunteer to help other students and can give them informal support. This is called the peer mentoring scheme. All first years automatically get assigned a peer mentor.

For more information please see


You can find some advice and information on mental health at the websites below.

Mind -



Where can I find advice on Sexual Health?

The Students' Union is a C-Card registration point. This means if you have a C-Card you can get free condoms from us. If you don't have a card then you can register for one here at the SU too!

To find more information regarding Sexual Health Services near you please see the NHS Choices search engine -

You can find more information and advice on sexual health at the websites below.



Chlamydia test kits and screening are available at a number of venues -


Are there places in town to go when I feel unsafe?

There are places in town where you can seek refuge if you are feeling unsafe. These come under the Safe Places Scheme and you can find out more information about the scheme and participating locations here