Join us for the SU AGM on TUESDAY 30th October at 5.30pm in the SU Bar.
The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is the highest democratic decision making meeting in the SU. It is a chance for students to ask the Board of Trustees and your lead officers about work they have been undertaking on your behalf.
1. Confirmation of Quorum
2. Welcome & Introduction by the Chair
3. Ratification of minutes of Annual General Meeting held 9th May 2017 and the EGM held on 13th December 2017
4. Trustees Report:
- What happened in 2017-18?
- The Sabbatical Team Top 10 for 2018-19
- The BIG ASK (your chance to feed in to the work of the Union and win a cash prize!)
5. Union accounts for 2016-17 and draft accounts for 2017-18 (just where does the money come from and how is it spent? (You will be able to read the accounts here)
6. Approving the Union’s affiliations (are you happy to pay money to join these organisations?)
7. Approve appointment of Burton Sweet as Union’s Auditors (who will provide independent scrutiny of the SU on your behalf?)
8. Open questions to the Trustees
9. Closing comments
During the AGM we will also be running a BIG ASK - we need your feedback to 5 simple questions that will shape our priorities for the year ahead. Three lucky participants will be entered in to a prize draw at the end of the meeting to win a prize of £100 and two prizes of £50!