Join us for the SU AGM on Wednesday 4th December at 1.15pm
VENUE: Newton Park, SU Bar
The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is the highest democratic decision making meeting in the SU. It is a chance for students to ask the Board of Trustees and your lead officers about work they have been undertaking on your behalf.
The AGM was originally planned for 28th November but we didn't have the required 60 students present to continue. The rescheduled date does not require 60 people - but this is your Union so you need to be happy it is working for you!
1. Confirmation of Quorum
2. Welcome & Introduction by the Chair
3. Ratification of minutes of Annual General Meeting held 30th October 2018, available HERE
4. Trustees Report:
- What happened last year?
- Find out about the Sabbatical Team's prioirties of Sustainability, Equality and Transparency and why they matter
5. Union accounts for 2018-19 - just where does the money come from and how is it spent? You can read the draft accounts HERE
6. Approving the Union’s affiliations - are you happy to pay money to join these organisations? What do you get for your money?
7. Approve appointment of Burton Sweet as Union’s Auditors - who will provide independent scrutiny of the SU on your behalf?
8. Open questions to the Trustees
9. Close of AGM
SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE & SHAPE YOUR UNION
The AGM will be followed by an interractive session where we are going to ask participants to share their average daily experience of travel, money and work.
Help us build a big picture of life in Bath so we can represent your needs better! For example we know that 84% students work part time ... but how many hours do you have to work to support yourself? How does this impact on your Uni work and life?
How long is your average commute? If you are travelling for 90 minutes to get to campus how useful is a one hour notice that your lecture is cancelled?
By gathering this information we want to have robust data to help your needs to be better understood by the University.
PLEASE COME AND MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!