We have teamed up with University of Bath, UWE Bristol and the University of Bristol to run a series of online volunteering talks to enable students to find out about a variety of charities and opportunities to engage with the local community.
On Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 3pm during October and November, online Q&As will take place for 45 minutes on Microsoft Teams.
There will be a huge range of different organisations and a variety of volunteering opportunities on offer. You will have the opportunity to ask questions of organisation representatives and volunteers about the volunteering roles available and what they entail.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to make a big difference in your local community, whilst also helping you to develop new skills which will enhance your career prospects. Additionally, volunteering is fun and contributes to positive mental wellbeing.
The dates and topics for all our events are:
- Tuesday 6th October 10am Mentoring
- Thursday 8th October 3pm LGBT+ & Young people
- Tuesday 13th October 10am Mentoring
- Thursday 15th October 3pm Young people
- Tuesday 20th October 10am Disability
- Thursday 22nd October 3pm Retirees
- Tuesday 27th October 10am Lifesaving
- Thursday 29th October 3pm Refugees and asylum seekers
- Tuesday 3rd November 10am Conservation and Community
- Thursday 5th November 3pm Health and Wellbeing
- Tuesday 10th November 10am Charity shops
- Thursday 12th November 3pm Culture
- Tuesday 17th November 10am Carers & support
- Thursday 19th November 3pm Homelessness
You can sign up using this link where you will be emailed the joining instructions for all the events you sign up for.
For more information, or if you have any questions, contact Izzy Ford (Campaigns and Events Coordinator), email@example.com