Having opportunities to develop new skills and enhance their work experience can significantly enhance a student’s employability or their potential to flourish as a self-employed practitioner or entrepreneur after university.
The Union can play a crucial part in supporting students to develop their knowledge and expertise. We will look to provide a variety of opportunities for students to develop skills that will enable them to succeed in their chosen career.
How we will achieve this
- Seek to establish a culture of community volunteering by working in partnership with the national Student Hubs programme to develop a range of volunteering opportunities and student-led projects in the community
- Develop a clear set of clearly defined skills, awards and competencies to be achieved through our training for committees, elected representatives and volunteers
- Work with the University Careers team and voluntary organisations nationally and locally to develop employment and volunteering opportunities for students
- Develop a range of opportunities relevant to the ambitions and interests of Bath Spa students
Measures of success
- Establish a Student Hub at Bath Spa
- Increase the numbers of students engaged in community volunteering